Sales and Marketing Assistant
Working Hard + Playing Harder
Founded in 2010, Our DJ Rocks is an all-female DJ company and Photobooth Rocks is a photo booth rental company. We are passionate about weddings, social and corporate events, and trade shows. We rock 800++ events annually.
Our team is growing and we are so excited to add a positive, outgoing, dedicated and driven sales and marketing assistant to our squad! This role will focus on sales and marketing efforts and work closely with both the Director of Marketing and Sales Manager to take us into new heights.
Our Core Values
- We Value Moments — There is a time for seriousness and a time for silliness. Just be you, be who you are, let go and just be. Get behind the curtain and show how you are feeling. When it comes to weddings, there is rarely another time when you will have all of your friends and all of your family in one room at the same time. Moments happen in the photo booth.
- We Value Reliability + Commitment — We make wise decisions (technical, business and personal). We rise up when things get tough. There is always another solution. We exhibit honestly and integrity. We act consistently with our values. We rock at what we do.
- We Value Achievement — We hold high standards. We blow goals out of the water. We pop champagne and dance on the table when the time is right. Status quo is not how we roll.
- We Value Teamwork + Loyalty — We create unbreakable bonds. We build strong relationships not only with each other, but with our clients and colleagues.
- We Value Growth — We are creative. We have dreams and use our imaginations. We play together and we grow together.
The Person Most Fit for This Position
- Represents themselves in a professional manner
- LOVES talking to new people and has a positive attitude
- Detail Oriented and Driven
- Is creative, innovative and takes initiative.
- Has a positive outlook on life and demonstrate ability to go above and beyond
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Works extremely well under pressure and is a problem solver
- Has leadership skills
- Understands the power of Instagram and how to be creative with Stories.
- Has reliable transportation and willing to travel across Central Florida for meetings
- Is available nights and weekends
- Ability to work independently
Sales + Marketing Assistant Responsibilities
- Promote Photobooth Rocks and Our DJ Rocks through interactions with potential clients and vendor partners at promotional events, trade shows, bridal shows and luncheons.
- Email and Call Sales Leads
- Attend Bridal Shows and Tradeshows
- Attend local networking luncheons as the Brand Champion for Wedding Planners, Event Planners, DMCs etc.
- Manage Venue/Vendor Database and Relationships
- Assist in scheduling sales appointments.
- Assist in creating and processing contracts.
- Assist with marketing projects related to the Photobooth Rocks and Our DJ Rocks Brands, including but not limited to email marketing campaigns, social media, blogging, content writing, website and press releases.
- Marketing content creation for social media and online marketing including creating YouTube Videos.
- Ongoing Support of Sales + Marketing + HR
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, administrative and time management skills
- Base knowledge of wordpress
- Strong knowledge of Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Google+, Instagram
- Fluency in all Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Photoshop, InDesign and Animoto knowledge is a plus.
Want To Apply?
We believe in making sure you are the right fit for our culture and the position! The biggest tip I can give to someone who would like to apply is to be very detailed in the requests below.
This position would be a part time to full time position starting at no less than 24 hours a week. Our Office Hours would be Tuesday-Thursday 10am-6pm in addition to on site at events based on event schedule. Pay starts at $12 per hour and will commensurate with experience.
Please fill out the application and submit:
- 2 Sample Instagram posts using a photo from the @ourdjrocks IG
- 2 Sample Instagram posts using a photo from the @photoboothrocks IG.
- 5 Sample Social Media Posts (Instagram and Facebook) from previous work or personal page
As an Our DJ Rocks DJ, you’ll start out as a DJ Assistant learning the ropes of equipment, mixing and the Our DJ Rocks Brand and Experience. Once you’ve mastered those skills, you’ll go through DJ University Training where you will master mixing, MC skills, music selection, and event flow for weddings and corporate events. Ultimately, you are responsible for helping create memories through music and MCing.
(may include but not limited to)
- Setting up Equipment for Events
- Select music for events to keep the dance floor packed!
- Learn how to mix music!
- Memorize prepared scripts for announcing on a microphone
- Can lift equipment (up to 75 pounds)
- Customer Service Experience.
- Basic understanding of music.
- Must have weekend availability.
- Reliable Transportation (not uber of lyft).
- Commitment to training as it could take 8-16 weeks. Plus a 2 Year Commitment once you become a DJ.
YAY! You made it! You’ll start off as a DJ Roadie at $75 for up to 4 event hours. (Good Money just to party and hang out with the DJs!) If you’ve got the right energy and eligible for The Our DJ Rocks Training University, you will get paid $10 per hour while training. You’ll move up from there and become a DJ Assistant and Event DJ – where you will take on some of your own events as the music mixer and MC. DJ Assistants and Event DJs make $15-50/hour.
As a Photobooth Attendant, you will be responsible for interacting with guests as they approach the photo booth. You will welcome and warmly greet guests as they walk by and/or approach the photo booth. You will encourage guests at weddings, private, and corporate events to select a fun prop, get into the photo booth, and take photos. You will help assemble a guestbook of those photos, ask guests to put their photo strip into that guestbook, and ask them to write a message. Ultimately, you are responsible for helping to create memories.
- Warmly welcome and greet guests at weddings, private, and corporate events
- Encourage guests to use the photo booth
- Ensure there are enough props
- Set up photo booth with props, guestbook table, and start up procedures
- Maintain organized tables and a clean work area
- Manage a crowd and lines for the photo booth
- Must have a basic knowledge of computers.
- Must have at least 2 years of professional experience in a related field.
- Full availability on Friday and Saturday.
- Availability to work weekday events as needed.
- Must have a vehicle and be able to travel to events from Lake Mary to Kissimmee.
Attendants get paid $60 per event for up to 5 hours (4 hours of event time and 1 hour of set up time).
Now Hiring: DJs + Photobooth Attendants
We hire based on attitude, not experience!
Come party with us! No prior DJ experience needed. Do you love music, weddings and events? If you have personality and charisma, we can teach you the rest! We are looking for outgoing, strong and independent female with a personality to start off as our DJ Assistant and then go into our 8-16 week DJ Training Program!
We Value Integrity + Gratitude
- We show good character is when no one else is around.
- We make wise decisions in our personal life and in business.
- We exhibit honesty and we are our word.
- We question actions inconsistent with our values.
- We are thankful and we consistently show gratitude.
We Value Positive Attitudes + Charisma
- We fuel others with motivation.
- We are genuinely a pleasure to be around.
- We infuse positive energy wherever we go.
- We take care of ourselves, because if you don’t take care of yourself, you cannot take care of others.
We Value Unshakeable Commitment
- We believe in building unbreakable bonds with friends, family and coworkers.
- Alone we can do so little but together we can do so much.
- Collaboration creates an environment for all to flourish.
- We rise up as a team when things get tough.
We Value Growth
- We know that the path to success is massive determined action. #Drive #Persistence.
- We always look for ways to make it easier to do business with us.
- We set our standards high, dream big and blow away goals.
- Status quo is not how we roll. #NoMediocre
We Value Moments
- We don’t wait for them, we create them.
- We live in the moment and sometimes for unplanned moments.
- We have a love for life.
- We look for ways to surprise and delight our clients.
The Person Most Fit To Rock with Us!
- Positive Attitude
- Have an interest in music and weddings
- Is reliable and dependable to make long-term commitments to clients and co-workers
- Works extremely well under pressure and is a problem solver
- Has leadership skills and is organized
- Has reliable transportation (not uber or lyft)
- Weekend Availability
- Outgoing Personality
We believe in unshakable commitment. In building unbreakable bonds with friends, family and coworkers. We believe in a life that inspires us to laugh and feel emotion. We were meant to celebrate milestones. We live for unplanned moments.
We Value Integrity + Gratitude – We show good character is when no one else is around. We make wise decisions in our personal life and in business. We exhibit honesty and we are our word. We question actions inconsistent with our values. We are thankful and we consistently show gratitude.
We Value Positive Attitudes + Charisma – We fuel others with motivation. We are genuinely a pleasure to be around. We infuse positive energy wherever we go. We take care of ourselves, because if you don’t take care of yourself, you cannot take care of others.
We Value Unshakeable Commitment – We believe in building unbreakable bonds with friends, family and coworkers. Alone we can do so little but together we can do so much. Collaboration creates an environment for all to flourish. We rise up as a team when things get tough.
We Value Growth – We know that the path to success is massive determined action. #Drive #Persistence We always look for ways to make it easier to do business with us. We set our standards high, dream big and blow away goals. Status quo is not how we roll. #NoMediocre
We Value Moments – We don’t wait for them, we create them. We live in the moment and sometimes for unplanned moments. We have a love for life. We look for ways to surprise and delight our clients.