Meet the Orlando DJ Team of Our DJ Rocks, Orlando’s premier all female DJ team! It’s tough to put into words what we’re like, but here goes. Our DJs uber-organized, easy to work with and like a brief-case-on-a-rope-swing, professional-yet-fun. Our DJs are extremely positive, always smile and tend to add to the energy and excitement for your celebration. Every DJ dresses nicely, wears glitter shoes when we DJ, our gear is neat and cleanly covered, we are insured and we do bring backup equipment!
- I’m a sucker for pink peonies and anything glittery.
- I LOVE to sing karaoke, even if it’s during a 5-minute break in the office or during our 3pm dance parties at the Our DJ Rocks headquarters (yes, we have them daily).
- My planner never leaves my side (I use the Day Designer by Whitney English).
- My favorite vacation spot is the Florida Keys.
- When I’m not DJing, you can find me with my husband and two daughters on the ATV!
- And most importantly, I still get chills at every wedding! The rush of excitement when I announce you for the very first time as a married couple is one of my greatest joys in life.
My (Not so Secret) Music Secrets:
- I believe Journey is a wedding staple. While classic rock like The Beatles, Simon & Garfunkle, Lionel Richie and Al Green will never fade away, music from the early 2000s has stolen my heart.
- I grew up listening to singers like Alabama, Reba, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bob Seger.
- My husband and I like to dance to “Forever and Ever, Amen” by Randy Travis in the living room.
- My first concert was in Orlando for NKOTB when I was 5 and I have a signed copy of the Baby One More Time album (don’t judge).
- My Spotify playlists are arranged by occasion, mood and activity, rather than my favorite songs because I have a love for all music and believe there is a time and place for everything. Although….. when I clock out and have the windows rolled down…. the playlist that gets the most use includes Ying Yang Twins, Chingy, Lil Wayne, Lil’ Troy, Biggie, Nelly and Juvenile.
- I know the line dance to “You Shook Me All Night Long.”
- Music was and is my first language!
- Some of my past performance credits include Disney, Universal, Nickelodeon, and a traveling murder mystery troupe.
- My favorite part of a wedding is open dancing, and when I get to play the “must play” from the couple.
- I’m always laughing, and I love to bring the party to life!
- When I’m not working, you can find me hanging out at Disney with my annual pass, or relaxing at the beach with my shades on.
- Music has the power to make us smile and bring us to all types of tears.
- Every time I try on clothes, I have to dance in them to see how they move. If it’s a scarf, I’m dancing.
- My favorite part of the wedding is the bouquet toss; to me, it’s a competitive sport.
- The cutest boy in the world, Carter, has my heart–he calls me mom!
- I enjoy beach-inspired weddings since that is where I love to be. All I need is sun, waves crashing, and a good book.
- Music is the only thing that gets your mind off everything.
- Music to me puts me in a whole different mindset and gives me energy to feed off.
- I am totally jamming in my car and at my home constantly to all types of genres, giving me a focus mind set.
- Without music, life would be a mistake! “Music is in me!”