Meet the Orlando DJ Team of Our DJ Rocks, Orlando’s premier all female DJ team! It’s tough to put into words what we’re like, but here goes. Our DJs uber-organized, easy to work with and like a brief-case-on-a-rope-swing, professional-yet-fun. Our DJs are extremely positive, always smile and tend to add to the energy and excitement for your celebration. Every DJ dresses nicely, wears glitter shoes when we DJ, our gear is neat and cleanly covered, we are insured and we do bring backup equipment!
- I’m a Dog Mom to a pit mix named Sig. Check him out on Instagram @sigaboo
- I amazon prime EVERYTHING!
- I LOVE to sing karaoke, even if it’s during a 5-minute break in the office or during our 3pm dance parties at the Our DJ Rocks headquarters (yes, we have them daily).
- My planner never leaves my side (I use the Day Designer by Whitney English).
- My favorite vacation spot is the Florida Keys or anywhere in my RV.
- When I’m not DJing, you can find me with my husband and two daughters on the ATV!
- And most importantly, I still get chills at every wedding! The rush of excitement when I announce you for the very first time as a married couple is one of my greatest joys in life.
My (Not so Secret) Music Secrets:
- I believe Journey is a wedding staple. While classic rock like The Beatles, Simon & Garfunkle, Lionel Richie and Al Green will never fade away, music from the early 2000s has stolen my heart.
- I grew up listening to singers like Alabama, Reba, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bob Seger.
- My husband and I like to dance to “Forever and Ever, Amen” by Randy Travis in the living room.
- My first concert was in Orlando for NKOTB when I was 5 and I have a signed copy of the Baby One More Time album (don’t judge).
- My Spotify playlists are arranged by occasion, mood and activity, rather than my favorite songs because I have a love for all music and believe there is a time and place for everything. Although….. when I clock out and have the windows rolled down…. the playlist that gets the most use includes Ying Yang Twins, Chingy, Lil Wayne, Lil’ Troy, Biggie, Nelly and Juvenile.
- I know the line dance to “You Shook Me All Night Long.”
- Music was and is my first language!
- Some of my past performance credits include Disney, Universal, Nickelodeon, and a traveling murder mystery troupe.
- My favorite part of a wedding is open dancing, and when I get to play the “must play” from the couple.
- I’m always laughing, and I love to bring the party to life!
- When I’m not working, you can find me hanging out at Disney with my annual pass, or relaxing at the beach with my shades on.
- Music has the power to make us smile and bring us to all types of tears.
- Every time I try on clothes, I have to dance in them to see how they move. If it’s a scarf, I’m dancing.
- My favorite part of the wedding is the bouquet toss; to me, it’s a competitive sport.
- The cutest boy in the world, Carter, has my heart–he calls me mom!
- I enjoy beach-inspired weddings since that is where I love to be. All I need is sun, waves crashing, and a good book.
- Music is the only thing that gets your mind off everything.
- Music to me puts me in a whole different mindset and gives me energy to feed off.
- I am totally jamming in my car and at my home constantly to all types of genres, giving me a focus mind set.
- Without music, life would be a mistake! “Music is in me!”
- I believe music connects the world in a way that words alone cannot. I have a soundtrack for every emotion, don’t you?
- A good challenge can light a fire under me and keep me propelling forward. If someone says I can’t, I DO!
- Credits include, Walt Disney World, universal Studios Orlando, Holy Land Experience and Feld Entertainment’s “Disney LIVE!” On tour.
- In my free time you can spot me at the theatre, a festival, Theme parks, or at Aerial Yoga.
- I love, LOVE! The first dance at a wedding always gets me right in the feels!
- I love when a whole room is up and dancing at a party! I might even get out there too!
- From age 3 to 10 I traveled the USA singing on stage with my family… yes, like the Brady Bunch
- My favorite song of all time is Masterpiece by Jessie J.
- I once climbed a live volcano in Guatemala.
Learn more about DJ Katie on the blog–>>> https://ourdjrocks.com/meet-a-dj-who-rocks-katie/!
- I have loved music since I was a little girl. I grew up singing in choirs and playing in bands.
- KARAOKE is life! On stage in front of a crowd, or just at the top of my lungs in the car or the kitchen.
- My favorite moment of the wedding day is the Mother/Son Dance. If my boys don’t cry when they dance with me at their wedding, we are gonna have problems!
- I have the coolest kids in the world. Jorge, Ben and Jasmine. They know all the words to every song on the radio.
- I LOVE Orlando City Soccer Club! #ruckustillidie Go Lions! (insert purple everything here)
- I have a huge crush on Justin Timberlake.
- I believe music is the sound of the soul. It can make, break, and take you to places you’ve never even imagined.
- I was an Our DJ Rocks bride so I have been on both sides now!
- I have experience in event planning and hospitality management as well.
- You can catch me at Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, or just chilling by the pool on my days off. (If it’s raining, you bet I’m inside playing MarioKart, though.)
- I love people who are part of fandoms. When you become so passionate about something, you just HAVE to share it with everyone.
- My guilty pleasure with music is Jesse McCartney.
- My favorite part of the wedding is the first/last dance alone. To have experienced it from each side, it’s such a romantic moment to absorb the day with your new forever partner.
Video Coming Soon!